MP7SE: The Performer’s Stage Piano
- Class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard action
- Stunning Shigeru Kawai SK-EX, SK-5, and Kawai EX concert grand piano sounds, with full 88-key sampling
- Strong selection of realistic electric piano, organ, synth lead/pad, brass/wind, guitar/bass, etc. sounds
- Authentic Tonewheel organ simulator with adjustable drawbars, percussion, and C/V controls
- Wide variety of Virtual Technician and other sound editing parameters for flexible manipulation
- Intuitive panel interface with four independently controllable zones, each with assignable effects
- Powerful MIDI 4-channel master controller functions for advanced zone/split creation
- 1/4" unbalanced outputs, 1/4" inputs with Line In level fader
- High-quality F-10H single pedal unit, engineered and manufactured by Kawai
- sturdy metal chassis with black polish wooden side arms
MP7SE: The Performer’s Stage Piano
The MP7SE has been developed to provide an excellent concert grand piano playing experience, while offering a broad selection of additional sounds for greater musical flexibility. This instrument features the class-leading Responsive Hammer III plastic-key keyboard action, which offers premium features such as triple-sensor note detection, let-off simulation, and Ivory Touch key surfaces. In addition to grade-weighted hammers, the RHIII action also incorporates counterweights embedded within each key, helping to balance the touch weight during pianissimo passages, while adding a feeling of greater substance when playing with force. As with its bigger brother, the MP7SE features Kawai’s Harmonic Imaging XL sound engine, and includes the same Shigeru Kawai SK-EX, SK-5, Kawai EX, and K-60 samples, and authentic electric piano sounds. In addition, the MP7SE also features a special Tonewheel organ mode which allows all nine drawbars to be individually adjusted directly from the panel, including full percussion and chorus/vibrato settings, and parameters to adjust key-click level and tonewheel leakage. The flexible MP7SE also boasts an impressive selection of synth leads/pads, brass, wind, and choir sounds, and authentic basses and guitars, ensuring that performers can cover almost any musical genre from a single instrument.
With the emphasis on real-time control, the MP7SE’s intuitive panel layout allows up to four sounds to be freely layered, split, or assigned to specific key zones. Each zone provides an independent effects block, with the MAIN zone offer a secondary effects block and additional amp simulator module. The MP7SE retains all of the MP11SE’s Virtual Technician and sound editing functionality, while also offering additional controls and parameters specifically for organ and synth performance. As with all MP stage piano, specific adjustments can be quickly stored to each individual SOUND memory, with 256 SETUP memories available to store and retrieve full instrument configurations.
The MP7SE includes the high-quality F-10H single pedal unit, which is also engineered and manufactured by Kawai, and features the same precise optical sensor system for smooth progressive pedalling. Like the MP11SE, the MP7SE’s expression pedal input supports pedals from all major brands, with a convenient switch to select the plug’s ring/tip configuration.
Despite its compact size, the MP7SE retains the same rock-solid build quality that has become a hallmark of MP instruments for
nearly 20 years. As with its larger sibling, the MP7SE’s wood and metal construction is designed for the stage, yet its classic
appearance and polished side arm design ensure that this flexible instrument is also suitable for the home or studio musician.