A portable piano with premium performance and go-anywhere creativity as standard
If you play the piano, you understand that inspiration can come from anywhere—where you play, who you play with, and of course, the audience you perform for. If you want to take your music to the people, the Roland FP-90 Digital Piano will help you get there. It packs Roland’s flagship piano sound engine and keyboard into a sleek, modern cabinet that also houses a multi-channel speaker system with enough power for performing in intimate venues. A carefully selected range of additional sounds that include electric pianos, strings, organs, and synths are on hand as well, allowing you to use the FP-90 in a wide variety of musical scenarios. And with Bluetooth® audio/MIDI support, you’re able to connect wirelessly with Roland’s Piano Partner 2 and other music apps on a smartphone or tablet. Available in black or white finishes, the flexible FP-90 is ready to go wherever you want to play.
- Authentic grand piano touch from the PHA-50 (Progressive Hammer Action with Escapement) keyboard, which combines wood and molded materials for great feel and lasting durability
- Uses the latest SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling technology instead of conventional sampling for a far richer, more detailed piano sound
- Four speakers provide powerful and rich sound that’s ideal for intimate live performances
- Premium selection of electric piano, strings, organ, and synth sounds, along with 30 registrations for storing favorite sound setups, including layers and splits for live performance
- Mic input and vocal effects
- Connect your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth wireless technology and play along with audio from your apps routed through the piano’s speaker system
- Enhance performances with rhythm accompaniments from Roland’s Piano Partner 2 app
- Flat, portable cabinet in black or white finishes
- Optional KSC-90 stand and KPD-90 pedal provide an elegant integrated look for home use
- Compatible with DP-10 Damper pedal (included) or RPU-3 Triple Pedal (optional)
Powerful onboard speakers suitable for primary amplification in smaller venues
Whether you’re just using the onboard speakers in smaller venues or connecting to an external PA on larger stages, you’ll always have amazing sound with the FP-90. And with the convenient three-band equalizer on the front panel, you can easily adjust the sound to fit the venue. Using only the FP-90's internal speaker system, the Reverend Bazil Meade leads the London Community Gospel Choir in a performance of his own composition, “Where Could I Go.”
Superior piano sound and touch in a go-anywhere portable format
Why should a portable piano mean you have to compromise on sound quality and keyboard feel? With the FP-90, you don’t have to settle for less, as it includes the sound engine and premium keyboard construction from our flagship pianos housed in a stylish, mobile body. This performance of Beethoven's Violin Sonata in F Major by Ms. Junna Iwasaki (piano) and Ms. Ai Okumura (violin) perfectly captures the rich, expressive character of the FP-90’s acoustic piano sound.
Verstile pro-quality sound selection for any style of performance
You expect a Roland digital piano to have a great selection of acoustic piano sounds, and the FP-90 certainly delivers. But what happens when you’re playing a gig and you need something different? The FP-90 has you covered with a selection of pro-grade electric pianos, strings, organs, and synths, giving you sound options to play nearly any style. Dan Burnett performs his composition “Happiest Man Alive” using the FP-90’s 1976 Suitcase electric piano sound.
Flexible enough to play in any location
The FP-90 can be used in a variety of configurations to suit the venue or occasion. With the optional KSC-90 stand and KDP-90 pedal unit, the FP-90 is transformed into a fresh and contemporary-looking piano for the home. For live use, the FP-90 can be easily transported and quickly set up on a portable keyboard stand. This makes it ideal for companies like the UK-based PianoDJ, who supply pianists for wedding ceremonies held both indoors and out.
Bluetooth connectivity enhances the way you perform and practice
Bluetooth connectivity allows you to stream audio wirelessly from music apps and online video lessons to the piano's speakers or headphones connected to the piano. It’s even possible to wirelessly turn the pages of digital sheet music on your mobile device, a feature used in this performance of J.S. Bach's Trio in G by the London-based Rautio Piano Trio.